• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NW 3rd Annual Swedish Cruise-In

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmelvi007

90+
This was a big one last year, lets make it even bigger this year! We'd love to see more of you Oregon guys roll up again this year!!

February 15, 2009 ?The 3rd annual Swedish Cruise-In?. The Puget Sound Volvo Sports America chapter will again host the 3rd annual ?Swedish Cruise-In? meet, 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM Sunday, President?s weekend at the 1930 original Pacific Northwest XXX Root Beer Drive-In in Issaquah, Washington. Volvo and Saab Clubs will meet again for a fun day and the ?People?s Choice? awards for the ?Best Swedish Iron? for both Volvo and Saab cars showing that day. Last years attendance was 74 Volvos and 23 Saabs. This year?s meet will be larger so please arrive early for parking next to the XXX Drive-In restaurant before 11:00 AM and then dine on some great food from the XXX Drive-In menu. Last year?s 2008 car show winners may show, but not be eligible to win in 2009.

PSVSA website: www.psvsa.org.

The XXX Root Beer Drive, 98 NE Gilman Boulevard, Issaquah, WA.98027,

http:/issaquahhistory.org/sites/xxxdrivein.htm for information.

Couple of pics from last year:

DSC02233.JPG

DSC02237.JPG

I'll be there, as per usual. And, since my father will be in town (FEMA deployment that's local for a change), unlike last year, I'll get him to bring the '84 down.

-J

I'm taking the new S70 down, but maybe I can get my girlfriend to drive the '85 245 +t down and make a double showing! That'd be so sweet.

Dude, just go up to the Arlington Pull-A-Part. There's a 1985 245DL in white with 113K miles on it. Should have a perfectly fine dizzy in it. Car looks like an "art" car that someone was stripping the interior out of at one time.

-J

P.S. Justin, it might be a good idea to let the gf drive the silver car to the meet, since she was the one who drove it up here anyway. Then, you can drive the 245 to the meet.

Umm I'm just gonna buy a new one and I don't feel like dealing with it. I've put in 3 JY dizzy's, done with that route, you guys have all seen my wagon anyways :rofl: Plus I need to do some stuff to the S70.

Danny,

Just for now, grab the one out of the car I mentioned. The engine seemed very well-maintained when Jonathan Dally and I pulled the harness off it. That way, you can get the car driving again, and can grab a new dizzy later.

Or, you can go VS and bring the S70... ;-)

-J

Danny,

Just for now, grab the one out of the car I mentioned. The engine seemed very well-maintained when Jonathan Dally and I pulled the harness off it. That way, you can get the car driving again, and can grab a new dizzy later.

Or, you can go VS and bring the S70... ;-)

-J

Yeah probably just gonna go VS since all of my weekends leading up to this event seem to be booked ><

I'll be there +1. Hottie co-worker who likes cars and thinks Volvos are rad. :) Hopefully I'll finally finish my weight reduction, get the turbo and suspension on, and paint my motor before the meet.

Edit: Here's the only picture my car is in from last year. It's the one cut off on the far right. :p
IMG_0901.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back