• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 242 Hotness of Doom

That looks rather familiar, good choice my man. Now only if our 240's had that much in common!

Eh, a Cotyote 5.0l would have been cooler.
No.
^ this. A coyote motor would me nasty
Still no.

Great motor, but money to power it can't compare to the LSx series.

That being said. Should have got a lt5
Troll.

Square port LSx is a great place to start for any go fast garage build.

That looks rather familiar, good choice my man. Now only if our 240's had that much in common!

Wait, your 240 isn't a Volvo? Crap. *throws playbook in garbage*

What did that come out of? That valley cover is different.

The automatic camaros came with an ls3 known as the L99. It has vvt and dispcement on demand, so the valley cover has oiling solenoids and lifters to drop out cylinders at cruise, all of which we are deleting so well have legit ls3's

Just to further what Bergen said!!!!

All depends. With the L99, your limited to .500 lift for piston to valve clearance, where an ls3 is taking .624 or more

Due to that the l99 was actually rated at slighty less hp if I'm not mistaken. They are actually problematic, the wife's 2010 went in for a lifter replacement at 16k due to some excessive noise on cold start. My pops also had the lifters and cam replaced in his 09 Silverado at 80k..

I DO need to gather up pictures and make a build thread. The SD card that I transfer form phone to phone with the majority of my build pictures died. So, a picture heavy thread might not be an option, but I'll come up with something!
I'll leave this here for now:
20161002_104740_zpsvoj2qx21.jpg

:omg:
I DO need to gather up pictures and make a build thread. The SD card that I transfer form phone to phone with the majority of my build pictures died. So, a picture heavy thread might not be an option, but I'll come up with something!
I'll leave this here for now:
20161002_104740_zpsvoj2qx21.jpg

Back