• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Parting a 96 960. What to pull?

HiSPL

Fanking Champion 1993
Hey all. I have a 96 960 parts car that I'm pulling the motor and interior from. Next week I want to start tearing it down before I send it to the crusher. What parts should I definately pull to resale from this turd?

Already pulled the door handles and sold them.

Things I'm thinking:
Subframe connectors
Taillights and middle panel
Throttle body
???

What else is there!

It does have a functioning, non leaky sunroof. How do I sell this? Would people want me to cut it out and include the sheet metal? Or just the guts?

I will have a b6304 with a blown HG and a good AW30-40 at the end of this. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it and rebuild, or part it out and make a "whiteblock swap kit" out of everything to sell for profit.

fuel pump / gas gauge in fuel tank

engine accessories such as starter, alternator, PS pump

radiator, if still good

electrical relays

just to name a few

front reinforcement arms
cruise control
efan
outside temperature gauge
injectors
stereo if original
electrical antenna
steering rack

- pull dash switches if you can, they don't go for much but they are valuable.
if it has the black/chrome "VOLVO" or "960" door sill vinyl moldings, those are nice for other volvos. But the chrome backing will most likely stay with the car, fair warning.
- CD changer if it's installed
- Definitely the CD changer cable that runs from the head unit to the rear. Every Volvo that new should have one wether the changer was installed or not. If you can pull it I'd be interested in it.
- window switches - they are lit up and people with pre 94 volvos like them

for the sunroof (moonroof), once you take the headliner off, you'll be able to just remove the drains and unbolt the sunroof as a unit. It will bolt directly into a 940, so someone will want it.

From the engine, the 3" throttle body is sellable.

The bell housing, motor mounts, oil pan, oil pickup tube, oil cooler, dipstick tube, and water return tube are all needed for a RWD 5 cyl whiteblock install. Keep and sell as a kit.

Back