• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ebay b234 intake

I gotta say , im skeptical, no harm meant.

I saw the video of the pull on the dyno, from the sound of it.. Car only sounds like its making barely 250 wheel, or hes doing 4th or 5th gear pulls ,very lazy revs on the dyno-in my experience of dynoing cars, having a hard time believing it made close to that power, because of sketch dyno and sketch dyno video with nothing resembling HP.Other than another sketch video of car burning tires in first gear, then cruising...https://youtu.be/ULCunbzEZbY?t=33

My dyno, compare..
250/250 wheel, also mustang dyno.

https://fbcdn-video-c-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xta1/v/t42.1790-2/1247871_10200908944797437_787349967_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjc2OCwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoibGVnYWN5X3NkIn0%3D&rl=768&vabr=427&oh=4d7aeab8d2c8e4ce9b6ae966689a687c&oe=55A9898A&__gda__=1437173340_c7841703f2461d0139469e6229e53719 Both mustang dynos. Mine revs quicker. Just sayin. All the video i have seen - Driving,he gets wheelspin in first and shuts it down.lol. Just skeptical, no harm meant.He could have done 4th or 5th gear pulls, but even still , none of this makes sense. I spun in 3rd gear with my supra making 373 ftlb on a dynojet, hes hardly got enough tire to stick to the roller on the dyno for 500.. Not saying this is false info, I just am quite skeptical at this point. Not very useable power either , peak tq at 55, peak power at 6, eh..

*****Stock 8v manifoild ?!The b230ft stock 8v manifold? Looks Like a pretty damned aftermarket intake manifold to me in the dyno video!!!!!!!!******I want to see the 8v stock manifold make 450 on the dyno-wheres that video?

Another surprising note is that the 16V (yoshifab)adapter to stock 8v intake manifold was rumored of not being made anymore because the stock 8v manifold was a flow hindrance for 16v heads. Wouldn't push over 320 wheel. Explanation? Rumor? Facts?

For the record, i have no issues with redblocks making power-over 500hp, so don't get it twisted. But someone is claiming over 500 crank, with a stock redblock 8v manifold-WUT?!!I have a difficult time believing a red block can do it with a stock 8v intake manifold . The videos and proof aren't very convincing at this point in my opinion.

Last edited:
Threads way derailed at this point!

IRS cars suck on the dyno for traction

I'm holding 700wtq with an RA1 275/35/18

Bergen backed up the 450whp stock intake with a 2900lb wagen running 122mph. That works out to about 421whp. Had he shifted faster and cut a better 60 foot we'd be on par

61511875.jpg

thread derailed hmmpphh.. Facepalm.

"Another surprising note is that the 16V (yoshifab)adapter to stock 8v intake manifold was rumored of not being made anymore because the stock 8v manifold was a flow hindrance for 16v heads. Wouldn't push over 320 wheel. Explanation? Rumor? Facts?"

So was it the adapter that they made that decreases flow, or was it the stock 8v intake? Just want clarification is all.

Seems pretty relevant to me or I wouldn't have asked.Just sayin.

Just to make sure I have this clear:

You believe we're making up a story about my car making 450whp on a stock intake?
You can hear power levels over a GoPro microphone?
You believe 255 race tires with a live axle car wont hook 500whp on a dyno?

No offense meant, just making sure I'm picking up what you're dropping.

And to the OP... Everyone should just buy a manifold from NIW. All will be very happy with the results.

the adapter had a bad transition in such a short distance, hence there not made any more iirc

Bergens head also out flowed my 2mm valves 16v ported head

Plenum volume is something to be desired on the 8v, but all you need tq up top and the ethanol does that for you at like 30psi

He's just jelly that he can't seem to make any power. Almost stock cars are making more whp and torque than his. I made the same rwtq on a nearly stock 300k b21ft on k jet.

LOL at Diesel, I see you also cant read, 250 wheel ft lb, and 250 wheel hp on a mustang dyno- last year-your down 50 wheel hp hoss-assuming you used a mustang dyno and aren't talking out your ass. I did that With stock 8v with 220k on it-mine has ALWAYS been mostly stock junk stuff, roadkill style, its over 325 wheel now,maybe even 365,with 16v, and 21psi out of t4 60/62- will see so..... What were you trying to say again? I was making what you made back in 96 ,2 years after i graduated high school,lol.Since your trying to dyno slap me ,Also on a k jet car with shimmed fuel distributor, then haltech.But then again, i really hadn't tried to build a volvo to make max power. Just thrown together garbage to be quicker. I also had a 244 that ran 7.8 in the 1/8th, never dynoed.

Just to make sure I have this clear:

You believe we're making up a story about my car making 450whp on a stock intake?
You can hear power levels over a GoPro microphone?
You believe 255 race tires with a live axle car wont hook 500whp on a dyno?

No offense meant, just making sure I'm picking up what you're dropping.

And to the OP... Everyone should just buy a manifold from NIW. All will be very happy with the results.
B-dub is offline Report Post

I'm not saying your lieing, but i also don't believe it.No offense , but i would have to see it in person, too much bs in this forum . There was no amazing 450 wheel noise, and no stock intake in the video. My calibrated ear says false.255 tires should be struggling with a very light ass end car. No one never said what gear he was in on dyno, sounded lazy.A car that makes peak torque at 5500 and peak power at 6000 is gonna sound like a rocket and rev quickly once it gets to its peak power(boost),no matter what gear it was in- that never happened, sounded like a sunday cruise on the dyno. No harm meant. First gear burnouts don't prove power, anyone can make a dyno graph, and the video of the dyno just sounds slower than mine, sorry bro, that's of course all my opinion. Like it or lump it.

Agreed with niw intake, its a nice piece.

Last edited:
lol. Bergen's setup was beastly. my 940 doesn't struggle with traction in 3rd with 225's on the back but it traps 125. yall can figure out what that means in terms of hp with a car that probably tips the scales somewhere around 3500 with me in it, but that's irrelevant to the discussion.

Not sure why people ignore some things to further other discussions that have long since been dismissed due to lack of relevance, but again Peter L threw down mid 400's A DECADE + AGO with a b230f intake manifold. it can be done, but it's not ideal. Why do you guys think the swedes have custom intakes in practically every goddamn mid power car?

I guess what I really don't understand anymore is with the wealth of information on the forum why questions like these still pop up at a maddening rate? all of the reasons for all of this have been discussed ad nauseum in the past. Hell I've got flowbench info for stock manifolds floating around somewhere. The swedes have flow mapping for all of it AND for a lot of aftermarket manifolds as well. Odds are that information is available for the manifold that's talked about above.

I love this theoretical **** people get hung around the butthole over.. theoretically everything can be done better every single time. At some point you've got to get your ass off your bench and make the theory hit the pavement. What you'll discover then is that theories don't always mesh with reality. I suspect some of you will suffer mental breakdowns at that point.

I'm not saying your lieing, but i also don't believe it.No offense , but i would have to see it in person, too much bs in this forum . There was no amazing 450 wheel noise, and no stock intake in the video. My calibrated ear says false.255 tires should be struggling with a very light ass end car. No one never said what gear he was in on dyno, sounded lazy.A car that makes peak torque at 5500 and peak power at 6000 is gonna sound like a rocket and rev quickly once it gets to its peak power(boost),no matter what gear it was in- that never happened, sounded like a sunday cruise on the dyno. No harm meant. First gear burnouts don't prove power, anyone can make a dyno graph, and the video of the dyno just sounds slower than mine, sorry bro, that's of course all my opinion. Like it or lump it.

You're not saying he's lying but you also don't believe it?

How the hell does that make any sense?

4th gear and a 3.31 will always load the dyno awesome and make it last longer than one would think

Heck, I was going to spring for some dyno time, I wonder if I could just rent a "calibrated ear" for a couple hours... i wonder if his nose does double duty as a wideband and to give me an afr readout?

LOL at Diesel, I see you also cant read, 250 wheel ft lb, and 250 wheel hp on a mustang dyno- last year-your down 50 wheel hp hoss-assuming you used a mustang dyno and aren't talking out your ass. I did that With stock 8v with 220k on it-mine has ALWAYS been mostly stock junk stuff, roadkill style, its over 325 wheel now,maybe even 365,with 16v, and 21psi out of t4 60/62- will see so..... What were you trying to say again? I was making what you made back in 96 ,2 years after i graduated high school,lol.Since your trying to dyno slap me ,Also on a k jet car with shimmed fuel distributor, then haltech.But then again, i really hadn't tried to build a volvo to make max power. Just thrown together garbage to be quicker. I also had a 244 that ran 7.8 in the 1/8th, never dynoed.

I never said I made more hp. I was also dunking with a bad in tank fuel pump on a 105? day.
I had a 16v turbo car quite awhile ago... I never put my 16v on a dyno but I wish I did. Also there are plenty of people making more power on stock lh with a turbo upgrade and a intercooler. I've seen a few over 300whp that were almost stock

With 3.31 rear and getrag overdrive 5 speed 265 tranny I could only go up to 3rd gear at the dyno. Otherwise it was too fast and dangerous on the dyno. Also I never used 4th at the 1/4 mile drag strip, even with 3.37's I had for a while. Stock intake with that yoshifab 960 throttle body adapter he used to make, the one that has that turn in it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AS81r8c_3A8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Listen to the one guy with his hands over his ears.. Ran 12.61 with that B23FT before I over revved it and turned a rod bearing. Motor was stock with only 30k on it.. A cam, 15g.

*****Stock 8v manifoild ?!The b230ft stock 8v manifold? Looks Like a pretty damned aftermarket intake manifold to me in the dyno video!!!!!!!!******I want to see the 8v stock manifold make 450 on the dyno-wheres that video?

Peter L made 500+ on an 8v intake a long time ago. It can be done, but as with any number of choices along the way.. there are easier ways to achieve the results but they can cost more, obviously.

Peter's 744

Vid where you can clearly see the b230ft 8v stock manifold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL42F9k-qhk

Vid of the read out which clearly shows 460+ rwhp.
Day was cut short due to the turbo seals. IIRC, it was 480rwhp at 22psi on the best pull.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0aDORTgL8Q

His latest dyno session at the same place in it's current form with a custom built diffuser style intake manifold, new turbo and several other changes it made 640rwhp at 27psi. That's on a RSI Stage 2 8v head still.

Bergen's wagon going through the gears on the street. It was a real 500+hp car trust me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIsgkA8g96c

At the end of the day, idgaf what you think, because all these guys here with big numbers aren't looking for big numbers. They are just tuning their cars on a dyno and everyone else just wants to look at peak numbers and talk trash about this or that and that is not why any of these cars were on a dyno.

Last edited:

I try to see everything on tb, but i miss a lot of stuff like this.My apologies to sbabbs, it appears your legit.

Impressive videos, impressive numbers. Thanks Pat for the videos i asked for.

That final drive explains everything.

Back