• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 240 Front control arm bushing metal sleeve

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
Does anyone sell the sleeve? I have some superpro poly bushings and after spending basically all afternoon cutting, burning, and chizzling the old rubber bushing out to reuse the stupid sleeve someone has to sell the sleeve? Right?

You do not reuse any sleeves on the front suspension for the super pro poly bushings. The only shell you reuse is for the rear lower trailing arm bushing.

You do not reuse any sleeves on the front suspension for the super pro poly bushings. The only shell you reuse is for the rear lower trailing arm bushing.

huh?

The oem rubber bushing is uses this metal sleeve around the rubber bushing.
open-uri20140226-13178-s3t2xx.

Without it the bearing basically slides into the control arm and wobbles around. Not secure at all.

I apologize you are correct. For that one you do need the shell. It has been so long since I installed mine the mind is foggy. If your original shell is to banged up like one of mine was. You can get a cheapy Uro bushing from fcp and burn out the crappy rubber and clean it up a little with a wire wheel. Install and win.

So your shell is too messed up to use now? IPD sells the poly bushing with a new sleeve that they must have had made, maybe they would be willing to sell you just the sleeve if you ask them.

So your shell is too messed up to use now? IPD sells the poly bushing with a new sleeve that they must have had made, maybe they would be willing to sell you just the sleeve if you ask them.

My old sleeve is fine. I'd like to avoid the song and dance of removing vulcanized rubber just to get at the sleeve.

Leave the bushing and sleeve in that housing. Then take a little propane torch and warm up the bracket/sleeve, and then the rubber pretty well pushes out with a little pressure. The heat breaks the bond and the rubber will come out as one piece. I did my front control arms in probably 20 minutes this way.
Make sure the front sleeve, you take everything out.
Jordan

I do not know of any source for just the sleeve. As greg says ipd sells them with their kit. Let us know if they sell it separately for you.

Back