• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

98 s90 trans shift points.

Jesse8931

Ok so its been pretty cold this last few weeks the trans when cold in the morning is shifting from 1st to 2nd with a delay like 3k instead of 2500 now once the trans is warm say 10 mins the car shifts perfect.

Now I have found some people with the same trans in there lexus say this is normal but wanted to get some feedback from someone with a 960/s90.

Mine does something similar, but it probably goes up to around 4k or so. And it only does it for a couple of blocks, and then it's ok. And on hot days, it makes a sort of groaning sound when pulling away from a stop, and sometimes I get a whiff of tranny fluid after being on the highway. Just keep changing your trans fluid at the recommended interval, and pray. Pray a lot.

Mine does something similar, but it probably goes up to around 4k or so. And it only does it for a couple of blocks, and then it's ok. And on hot days, it makes a sort of groaning sound when pulling away from a stop, and sometimes I get a whiff of tranny fluid after being on the highway. Just keep changing your trans fluid at the recommended interval, and pray. Pray a lot.

That's exactly what I hear and feel.

Anyone have any incite why both Greg Wong and I have this happening to our trans.

Back