• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MSD 6A + LH 2.2 Help Needed.

Did you cut the two wire loops to configure it for 4 cylinder operation?

It should work fine with a hall distributor, EZK117 box, and the igniter (aka ignition module, or amplifier). You're connecting it to the original coil wires. The trigger signal (red/white) comes from the igniter, not the distributor hall wire.

The test procedure, i.e. disconnect the white wire and tap it to ground, should cause it to spark as the wire is removed from ground.

Get it running without the dummy coil first, then see if the tach works without the dummy coil (I'm not sure what happens if you connect both the MSD and a dummy coil across the same wires).

I did cut the wires. Performed the spark test you outlined as I found it on MSD's website and no spark occurred. red light on the box flashed like it was getting the signal but no spark.

I know everyone likes a good deal. Cheaper stuff sells. Most people don't really care much if it's a fake product until something goes wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, if you find something on Amazon that is CHEAPER than other places and you cannot absolutely verify the seller is 100% legit, then the item is suspect.

A couple years ago I built a new PC. Spent a lot of money building one with high end gaming bits and 32gb of RAM for dual monitors and lots of stuff. I do a fair amount of design work and often had a lot of stuff running all at once.

Since my old (11 year old) PC had Win7 I decided I would move up to Win10. I buy a LOT on Amazon and it was the first place I checked. MS wanted $199. It was on Amazon for just over $100.

Then I began seriously going over product reviews. There were numerous sellers on Amazon and all of them claimed to be "MICROSOFT." Every one of them had reviewes from buyers who got some generic DVD, often with a product code that was invalid or meant for a different version. And it was obvious that Amazon was not policing their site. The bad reviews would go back many months. Sometimes a year.

Do some research. This article has since come out: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/beware-counterfeits-when-purchasing-windows-10-from-amazon/

So you would think by now Amazon would be cleaning this crap up. NOPE. Check for yourself. Here's one from right now. Check the first two reviews

There are literally thousands or hundreds of thousands of counterfeit products on Amazon.

Wait, you bought windows 10? It's still free. https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Here's an update:

I finally got around to contacting MSD with regards to the failed spark test. They started a warranty claim for me and provided an address to send the box to. There seems to have been no issues with regards to them following the warranty for a box purchased through Amazon Canada. They didn't mention needing to send in proof of purchase or anything of the likes for that matter.

I plan on sending in the box with the harness for inspection/repair. They informed me I'd have to pay the shipping to send it to them, but that they'd cover the return shipping. I'm overall pleased with the customer service I received.

I will update when I have more details on the replacement/repair.

Figured I should update...

I ended up buying the MSD tach adapter as they recommend it for ?no start? situations on import vehicles. Wired it up, no start still.

Called MSD (they were very helpful by the way) and they talked me through diagnosing the install. They asked me if there was anything else connected to the coil and that?s when I noticed a wire coming from a little grey box beside the coil going to the coil. Disconnected the wire and voila! LH 2.2 MSD 6A spark power.

Hopefully this helps out anybody who faces this issue in the future.

I noticed a wire coming from a little grey box beside the coil going to the coil. Disconnected the wire and voila! LH 2.2 MSD 6A spark power.

Hopefully this helps out anybody who faces this issue in the future.

Connected to positive or negative side of the coil? A photo would help a lot more.

Great, thanks for posting the follow-up to this puzzle. A+ for effort and persistence!

I'd guess that the gray box is some sort of noise suppressor to keep static from the radio. It apparently also does a good job of suppressing the multi-spark-discharge signal.

Great, thanks for posting the follow-up to this puzzle. A+ for effort and persistence!

I'd guess that the gray box is some sort of noise suppressor to keep static from the radio. It apparently also does a good job of suppressing the multi-spark-discharge signal.

Ok. This thing. It's connected to the positive post. I can't guess as to how that interfered with MSD.
Dave

boschcoillabelgrayoriglo.jpg

Back