• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Leaky main fuel pump

Dekoda244

Installing a new main fuel pump and it?s been leaking every time I put it all back together. New hoses, clamps, fuel pump and leads. It leaks from under the banjo to the check valve, with proper new copper washers in between everything. The old pump check valve won?t fit in the new pump and the old pump is shot, new pump works and pulls fuel but why the leak?

1982 244 Kjet b21f

It leaks from under the banjo to the check valve, with proper new copper washers in between everything.
With new washers, don't just tighten it once and hope for the best. I find it works a lot better to go tight - loose - tight - loose - tight - loose 6 or 7 times (you should notice the wrench move a bit further each time), before the final good-n-tight. Helps the washer slowly "squish" into the shape it needs to be.

With new washers, don't just tighten it once and hope for the best. I find it works a lot better to go tight - loose - tight - loose - tight - loose 6 or 7 times (you should notice the wrench move a bit further each time), before the final good-n-tight. Helps the washer slowly "squish" into the shape it needs to be.

Thanks for posting this advice, after doing fuel pumps a few years back, I used this method and it worked perfect.

:-P

Back