• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2017: Sept. 28-Oct. 1

Do it, Ian. The good stuff isn't more difficult than the shltty stuff. We may as well go all out.

that recipe sounds about normal for non-box mac & cheese. roll some pepper jack into the blend and I bet it'll be verr nice

that recipe sounds about normal for non-box mac & cheese. roll some pepper jack into the blend and I bet it'll be verr nice

Yeah, I would cut out the American and substitute half Parmesan and half cream cheese instead. American cheese has it's place, but it ain't in mac & cheese.

Ian, I can pitch in for the real deal Mac N Cheese since I won't be able to bring much of anything on the plane. Let me know, can paypal or bring cash :)

I am going to load up the coolers with ice, stop by costco on the way out and pack in ground beef, some beer, and some other odds and ends. I'm fairly certain none of it will go to waste. If people want to kick a few bucks my way when we get there that cool but i wont ask for it.

Hey guys, it's been so long since I've been on the forum I had to create a new account since I can't remember what my old one was.

Anyways, I had the good fortune to meet Jared last week and he told me about the meet. I'm local, so I will be there for sure. Got another local buddy that I am trying to talk into coming as well.

I gather food is pretty much taken care of at this point, but I'm happy to bring anything that might still be needed, or throw some cash in the pot.

-Gordon

Last edited:
Hey guys, it's been so long since I've been on the forum I had to create a new account since I can't remember what my old one was.

Anyways, I had the good fortune to meet Jared last week and he told me about the meet. I'm local, so I will be there for sure. Got another local buddy that I am trying to talk into coming as well.

I gather food is pretty much taken care of at this point, but I'm happy to bring anything that might still be needed, or throw some cash in the pot.

-Gordon

Hey, I was wondering when you'd show up! Good to hear you'll be out. Yeah, I think food needs are covered, but everyone always appreciates beer, and there will be a donation pot on the table if you want to enjoy some of the bbq/burgers/fixins we'll be having.

I'm at like 80% going / 20% hurricane Maria.

Hide from the hurricane in the mountains!

Yeah, I would cut out the American and substitute half Parmesan and half cream cheese instead. American cheese has it's place, but it ain't in mac & cheese.

Do it, Ian. The good stuff isn't more difficult than the shltty stuff. We may as well go all out.

Ian, I can pitch in for the real deal Mac N Cheese since I won't be able to bring much of anything on the plane. Let me know, can paypal or bring cash :)

Okay we'll get the good stuff.
I agree on the 'merican cheese. I'll look around on the internet, I made some fantastic stuff last year for Thanksgiving - lawwwdy.

So I did vulunteer Thursday to be part of FEMA's 'federal surge workforce' so there's a chance I'll miss all of this as I have 48 hours to report if I'm called. I will ensure what I've signed up for makes it to MM2017 though.

I may have to relinquish driving duties friday if thursday night's work activities take the same amount of time and effort as they did last night. Fortunately, I seem to recall rob being fairly proficient with el manuel.

I think we're going to need a lot more beer than we expect. I'll bring some waters and stuff also just in case. You can never have too much.

I think we're going to need a lot more beer than we expect. I'll bring some waters and stuff also just in case. You can never have too much.

One of the attendees is bringing a 5gal keg of something from Sierra Nevada. If everything goes to plan, I should also have some of our local Appalachian National Beverage for sampling.

I'll be making a costco run here today or tomorrow.

Get the butts out of the freezer if you haven't already, they're going to take a while to thaw

I'll be making a costco run here today or tomorrow.

Get the butts out of the freezer if you haven't already, they're going to take a while to thaw

Yep. Clearing space in the fridge tonight. Depending on fridge space, I might be using the laundry sink full of water downstairs to bring them out of cryostasis.

Jared your wife said you guys had corn. Am I buying corn or no?

Also I have 'bread' on the list. I feel maybe I need to get that down there? That french loaf doesn't have much of a shelf life.

I'm going to bring those tenderloins and they'll double as my ice. Should be thawed by early Friday.

Also I have 'bread' on the list. I feel maybe I need to get that down there? That french loaf doesn't have much of a shelf life.

I'm going to bring those tenderloins and they'll double as my ice. Should be thawed by early Friday.

That's what I'm planning on doing with the ground beef, getting it, getting it frozen, and using it in the same fashion.

Reckon I'll get some high life at costco for rob.

Turns out we don't have as much as she thought...only about 7 ears left. Go ahead and pick some up if you don't mind. Should be pretty cheap.

Alden is bringing burger/dog buns. Wren requested the bread...maybe he can clarify how much is needed. I don't remember using much last year except for those who wanted BBQ sandwiches.

Back