• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone know a hall sensor that fits in the stock VR location?

like the honeywell gt101dc?

and the DIY sensor (which may be close to the same)

Also the cherry, so on so forth.

got mine (it's nice!), need to order hall sensor, then need to actually make my MS harness.

Last edited:
First off let me start off with I am very happy with my adapters.
I believe that my flex plate isn't 100% centered, mine aligns only with the 8 bolts and does not have the centering sleeve that is typically used in an aw71 setup. I have a twin disc with a button and a getrag.

I had issues with my original vr sensor where it would skip over counting some windows since I put my motor back in.
when I switched to this setup I had the exact same problem.

I believe this problem may be related to my car only but I figured I would post up just in case anyone found them self in the same position of having inconsistent rpm while cranking.

If I am not mistaken the stock sensor used a 1mm gap.

This new sensor is good for a 5mm gap.

Using my best guess with a caliper (couldn't actually fit it in there so I eyeballed it) I got that this sensor is 3.75mm higher then the tip on the stock one would be.

The new hall sensor has no tip on it. That would put the sensor 4.75mm away from the trigger wheel which is really close to the edge of where it works.
Please double check all of this, as I worked more then I measured today.

I took just over 1mm off of the adapter (crapily with an angle grinder) and now everything works.
20121125_141717.jpg

^ strange, I'll have to look into this tonight. I read the specs that the 5mm is the max gap distance allowed, so anything closer would be acceptable. (until it hits)

Got one of these adapters from Mueller for Walters car, hooked it up and fired right up. The signal is SOOO much better it's insane. Car starts better then it did on LH now.

Got one of these adapters from Mueller for Walters car, hooked it up and fired right up. The signal is SOOO much better it's insane. Car starts better then it did on LH now.

^this. Very excellent.

Can anyone verify if the Kia sensor is a plug and play or will I have to cut the wires and splice them in a different location?

Can anyone verify if the Kia sensor is a plug and play or will I have to cut the wires and splice them in a different location?

Plug on *most* (I haven't seen one that is the same, but it could be out there) KIA + Hyundai sensors is different, but the sensor itself is physically identical and much less expensive. I used one from a 2007 Sorento with the older 3.8L V6 (the 3.5L is a different engine) on a LH2.4 application, works perfectly. But they appear to have the same issues with the sheathing failing, crank-no-start is a very VERY common problem on those Sorentos.

I do plan on making more of these sometime this week, but for those that do not want to wait or cannot justify the shipping overseas and you have the to resources to make your own, here you go.

Attachments

• crankshaft sensor01.jpg
    crankshaft sensor01.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 461
And the gt101 works with the lh-2.4 flywheel? I have 2 gt101 :p
And has anyone tried it with a Vems ecu?

Also, anyone have a link to one of those kia vr sensors on ebay or similar?

Kurt

And the gt101 works with the lh-2.4 flywheel? I have 2 gt101 :p
And has anyone tried it with a Vems ecu?

Also, anyone have a link to one of those kia vr sensors on ebay or similar?
1st page of the thread, there is a link for that sensor.

Kurt

Is that a question or is that a statement with a question mark about the GT101?

Confusing sentence

Has anyone had to sand down the adapter a bit to improve the sensor to tooth gap when using the diy hall sensor?

Has anyone had to sand down the adapter a bit to improve the sensor to tooth gap when using the diy hall sensor?

I wonder if yours is too thick, it should be .310" thick, plus minus a few thou of course

In the pic you can see that it makes it the same height or distance from the stock unit.

I'm open to suggestions to make it better!

Attachments

• IMG_2662.JPG
    IMG_2662.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 314
Looks like mine is a little thicker. I measure 0.99cm or 0.390inches. I can always sand it down. Looks like my gap might be a little too big.

Back