• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SE-XI, October 12-14 2012

We were on the way to buy a $500 running/driving broncoII when kenny told us the home depot was still open and rented trucks/trailers.

I would have loved to have seen Richard's face when he saw Matt's car, a tow dolley, and Matt's $500 bronco on the lot of DBV. Oh how I wish you got that bronco :rofl:

Lol, 500dollarBroncoII pulling the 500dollar744ti.

Only problem being BII's are pretty gutless, but I guess it at least had low range available for any hills on the way back.

We were on the way to buy a $500 running/driving broncoII when kenny told us the home depot was still open and rented trucks/trailers.

What could possibly have gone wrong? Too bad Sir beepee of buzkillingtonshire got all grumpy and wanted to focus on getting the **** home.

That said, it would have been pretty damn hilarious.

Lol, 500dollarBroncoII pulling the 500dollar744ti.

Only problem being BII's are pretty gutless, but I guess it at least had low range available for any hills on the way back.

i was going to offer $300 cash and not a penny more. can't be any more gutless than a stock 240. it would be like a topgear challenge, here's the prospect..

http://montgomery.craigslist.org/cto/3336849191.html

he was really disappointed when i told him i wasn't coming to check it out.

after towing the car back, it would be the perfect candidate for a jurassic park themed lemons racer.

Hah. I drove an '89 5 spd BII for a while as a winter beater. 2.9L of anemic V6 powAh. Acceleration in 5th gear was... subliminal. You'd floor it and you couldn't really feel it speeding up, but over time the speedo would indeed creep up some. Cornering was interesting. It's one of those cars that will actually just go ahead and fall over if you corner it too hard.

Mine finally rusted so badly that one of the body mounts in the rear rusted loose and it started making popping noises going around corners and the corner of the floor back there would alternately poke up and sink down under the carpet. I listed it for $500 on CL, 3 hours after the ad went up some guy came by, test drove it, offered me $300, and I took it.

This is the only pic I have of mine, I think. It hiding behind the PV in the driveway.

IMG_4852.JPG

Special 4 tone paint job. Silver, gray, peeling clearcoat, and rust.

The thing was stupidly reliable though. Like a hammer. It would sit for months in the summer and then start up whenever you wanted to drive it. It was mildly engaging to drive, mostly because of the dangerous handling (living on the EDGE! @ 25 mph) and the manual trans. Went like a champ in the snow ($800 worth of Mich LTX's on it).

I strategically raced him early, before any serious tuning took place, then stopped.
FLAWLESS RECORD OF VICTORY!!!

Actually, I was doing a little clicking around on a drag calculator and was a little sad to see how much HP it really has (120 ish?). I thought it had more. Although on second thought, the drag calculator was probably WHP, so I can add in my faux 'crank' HP correction.

Back