• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Pick-n-Pull parts locator

Wow old news...

Still wont' tell you if it's turbo or NA, nor will it tell you what's left on it. good stuff is gone in a matter of days.

Drove 45 min each way to Fairfield PNP because they had 3 96+ 850s, one was NA the other two were missing either the turbo or the whole engine.

Wow old news...

Still wont' tell you if it's turbo or NA, nor will it tell you what's left on it. good stuff is gone in a matter of days.

Drove 45 min each way to Fairfield PNP because they had 3 96+ 850s, one was NA the other two were missing either the turbo or the whole engine.

Sorry its old news to you but this junkyard dog was unaware of it and there might be a couple other people out there who would appreciate the link. Sorry if its common knowledge and I have never heard of it.

Sorry didn't mean to jump on your case.

I like the feature better than nothing, but it would be nicer if it had more information, even if it was basics like engine, trans, doors, etc.

It'd be nice if they didn't use this "finder" as an excuse to not let you use a hand stamp to get into all the yards on the same day. I like cruising the yards from time to time, but having to pay to get in at each yard puts a damper on the fun.

lol

I really wouldn't depend on this service, the nazi's are taking all the parts, and inless you go everyday to every other day, your screwed.

I live 10-15 mins from the junk yard, and Im still not fast enough. but I will catch him one day, and I will get the parts I need.

So...does anyone know why the big yards in SoCal (Ecology and Pick-Your-Part) don't have any sort of record available for the cars they have in the yard? But this place not only has a list of the vehicles, but also has online access to it?

The yards around here SUCK.

What I do like is the online pricing. Plan it out, figure out what you're looking for, and look up the codes for something similar but cheaper.

Example:
Automatic climate control unit for a 760. Could bill it as onboard computer ($$$) or perhaps as a vacuum switch to control the vents (which it is) ($). Pulled that one off no problem.

Harmonic balancer: described it as a pulley for the accessories ($) got billed for a harmonic balancer ($$).

Yeah, PnP just isn't any fun to goto anymore. The high cost of parts you pull yourself, then the parts vultures that live in the yards swooping in and taking any desirable part away .. Basically I just goto the yard when I MUST get some common part that I know I can save over 66% over the cost of new, if not more. Otherwise, forget it. New part time!

The parts are geting more expensive

Yeah, PnP just isn't any fun to goto anymore. The high cost of parts you pull yourself, then the parts vultures that live in the yards swooping in and taking any desirable part away .. Basically I just goto the yard when I MUST get some common part that I know I can save over 66% over the cost of new, if not more. Otherwise, forget it. New part time!
PnP is kind of going the way of the speciality yards like at Rancho Cordova. You can get a part but expect to pay close to 40% of new instead of 20-25% like it used to be.

I hit a couple of big ones near Chicago about a year ago. There were 4 92-93 244's there - all with absolutely mint charcoal cloth interiors. Each and every driver's door panel was busted in half so that the savages could get the speaker out.

I've also seen uncracked dashes (at the usual places) with the fronts kicked into pieces so the morons could get the radios out. Its no wonder so many yards wont let the public in. These animals - some are feebay whores - carry hammers and crowbars and thats it.

My pet peeve

I hit a couple of big ones near Chicago about a year ago. There were 4 92-93 244's there - all with absolutely mint charcoal cloth interiors. Each and every driver's door panel was busted in half so that the savages could get the speaker out.

I've also seen uncracked dashes (at the usual places) with the fronts kicked into pieces so the morons could get the radios out. Its no wonder so many yards wont let the public in. These animals - some are feebay whores - carry hammers and crowbars and thats it.

I can't count the number of broken 240 center consoles I have seen, especially when I was looking for my good black one. Two little screws at the rear on the bottom have to be removed!!!!!!

Back