• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940T radiator fan and turbo

pathfinder

Hi

Just bought year 1997, 940 low pressure turbo. B230FK. Odometer is 235,000. I think low for a 24 yrs old car

Previous owner, did convert from electric fan and convert to old style clutch fan including the original shroud for clutch fan type. The only reason I can think of this fan conversion, is to get peace of mind driving in hot tropical country. Electric fan could stop spinning without warning

The car with it low pressure turbo, plus clutch fan... it's heavy to rev and slow response from engine. Some ppl suggest using heavy duty clutch fan.
Do you guys think, clutch fan robs too much power?

If i want to maintain clutch fan configuration, i need to do something to get much more power to compensate power robbed by clutch fan

Could TD04-13C use 15G compressor wheel? but still the hot side original turbine wheel, it's very small, afraid of trigger high EGT

is it possible to use TD04-16T from the S60-T5 2.3 on the B230 FK ?

I still have Rica fuel and ignition chips

thanks

FS: NOS 140/240/700 parts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOS 1306259 Tropical Fan Clutch (reference thread) $60

PXL_20210510_204153930.jpg

Last edited:
If i want to maintain clutch fan configuration, i need to do something to get much more power to compensate power robbed by clutch fan

If it's working correctly, the thermostatic clutch fan shouldn't be robbing power -- if it's cold, the clutch is only lightly engaged and the fan spins slowly compared to the crank. If it's hot, the clutch engages firmly until the temperatures drop. With the mechanical fan, you're going from crank-to-clutch-to-fan. For an electric fan, you're going crank-to-alternator-to-battery-to-fan, so probably a bit less efficient. On the other hand, the electric fan is more precisely ECU controlled, and can be turned on to help with A/C cooling needs.

Thank u guys

My 940T temperature meter maintain below half and never reach half. Is this bcos good cooling effect by clutch fan system? Ahaa... cold aircond is important in my place hot tropical country

Thank u guys

My 940T temperature meter maintain below half and never reach half. Is this bcos good cooling effect by clutch fan system? Ahaa... cold aircond is important in my place hot tropical country

With properly working thermostat the gauge should stay right in the middle. It will not be below that point regardless of what kind of fan you are using.

thank you

im thinking to use back electric fan system. oem electric fan size is 16". how much CFM estimate from oe and oem electric radiator fan?

Back