• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Saab APC, worth getting at PnP ?

N97746

Gathering parts for a planned +T this winter and ran across a Saab 900 turbo with the APC. Did a lot of searching and found info both pro and con. There doesn't seem to be any recent conversations on the unit. Is it still a worthwhile addition or was it just a fad?
Some info: plan to put a freshened '93 engine in a solid '89 body. ECU and EZK from a '91 940 turbo. Using a 16T turbo and NPR IC and orange top injectors. Plan on using the car for "spirited" local driving with the occasional long trip.
Thanks

I think it's an effective form of electronic boost control. If you can get the whole system, it's worth getting. There are other methods of electronic boost control that have displaced it mostly, since they're generally pretty tough to find.

I ran one on my 740 LH2.2 years ago and liked it well enough. I had it on a switch, so it ran stock boost or knock controlled boost. If you find a complete and working system at PnP for a good price go for it.

Back