• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bertone 262 Pickup truck

enzedal

I'm building a '78 Bertone pickup

There's a photo on my profile...or scroll down 3 replies...Wren has attached the photo somehow

I hope to have it in the paintshop by April

Still haven't decided on a motor....any suggestions?

A 5 cyl. turbo has crossed my mind but the electronics is intimidating

Probably at the last minute I'll swap everything out of my old 244/350Chevy just to get it running

Does anyone know where I can get a Bross air dam and sideskirts?
(I'm going with early 240GT single headlight front end)

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. I'd do a B230ft out of a 93+ 940 or Chevy V8 LS based truck motor. Even a 4.8 would be scary fast in that with less weight.

That is an impressive looking truck mod, I really like the way you used a wagon back-half. As far as a drivetrain, I agree with the previous post. A 93+ B230FT or Chevy swap would be right at home in there. Keep us posted, I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.

I have to say that this looks much better than most of the wagon-to-pickup conversions I've seen. Most of those look like crap.
Got any other photos?

image.php

Last edited:
That looks way better than I thought it would....not sure if the body kit stuff is going to help it or hurt the looks?

I take it the rear end had all rotted out? Shame as the saloon makes a better pickup than the estate but what you have done still looks good

Toyota Hilux rear window? Nice job so far! The Bertone chopped roofline works well with the pickup proportions.

This is already the best truck conversion I've seen! Ususally, the roof line is too high and the doors are too short because the wagon is the most popular choice. Bravo! I hope to see much more of this car! SBC swap!

Last edited:
Looks great so far...

I take it the rear end had all rotted out? Shame as the saloon makes a better pickup than the estate but what you have done still looks good

Not sure I agree with that - if you use the sedan/saloon quarters/wings then you have to custom build the entire tail panel from scratch & deal with rear lights , etcetera. Got pics of what you mean for reference?

Wow, that's pretty hard core fab work.

The Aussies would wet themselves. They love their 'Utes' down there.

Continue to dare to be different. Do a NA 6 cyl whiteblock with three side draft Webbers and a header. You could run Megajolt with the stock crank sensor for a clean easy distributorless ignition.

Alternatively, you could run a B30.

B230FT or B280 would be more in keeping with the Bertone power trains. Easy enough to transplant either along with the stock EMS. B280 is much stronger motor than the B27/B28.

B30?? Really?? Because old pushrod Volvo motors are so reliable and available?? :roll:

This is so awesome!! Please make a project thread!!!

I've been wanting to make a truck for the last year. What back window is that?

A 2.5L 16V NA with stock engine management would move that little thing pretty well, put a T5 behind it too, they're fun.

Thanks brickpeople for all the positive comments and motor ideas...I'm so pleased y'all like my redneck Volvo

I've been thinking for a while about doing some kind of IRS....because pickups don't ride well. It needs to handle a lot of power and be pretty narrow
...any suggestions?

Alan

Last edited:
Back