• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cadillac Brakes on a Volvo 240

mopar318

Well, It has begun. This started as a weird idea but now has turned into another school project, so it will be happening....as long as it works

Cadillac ATS BREMBO calipers will be getting adapted to the front. $118 Each from Tasca

brembo-calipers-for-2013-cadillac-ats-41716_1.jpg

Pistons are 4x42mm, so a larger master cylinder might be required.

S60R rotors should work as is, but may need 1mm turned off of each side. The S60R rears might also be an option. Once I have the calipers in hand I can verify.

More info as I progress.:)

Google says.

ATS with a curb weight as low as 3,400 pounds ... 60-0 mph of 129 feet

When equipped with Brembo brakes, the Cadillac ATS has an estimated stopping distance from 60-0 mph of 129 feet

Anyone have 240 braking performance spec?

Last edited:
If it were 150 feet, it would be right on the 150 line ;) I'd guess 156-158 or so, given the diagram.

Nonetheless, kudos for the find.

stock 60-0 numbers for most of these cars doesn't really make sense....

who here runs the original wheels / tires? Factory spring rates? Factory dampening rates?

Probably quite a bit lower on a 240 as well. Cadillac runs low dust ceramic pads and weighs 500 lbs more.

I plan to test my brake performance this week.

stock 60-0 numbers for most of these cars doesn't really make sense....

who here runs the original wheels / tires? Factory spring rates? Factory dampening rates?

Sure, but some sort of baseline or metric would certainly make this a bit more objective.

OP - do us all a favor and try to provide before/after stopping distances.

Back