• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mountainmeet 2021: The Return 9/22-9/26/2021 (Wednesday-Sunday)

Officially on vacation as of 2hrs ago. :cheers: Tomorrow is packing and relaxing. Then very early morning Thursday, the fun begins!

working on extended vacation after the meet with the emails I've been sending out the past couple of days.

@jared, what's the word on chicken? you need us to grab anything heading out of town? (local place has either 10 or 20lb bags of leg quarters, gotta make a supply run at some point today)

also, how much honey do I need to pack in? 1lb bottles this year, gonna blame covid for that.

Nvmd. Mine won?t work

not without welding.

someone...bne?...or probably some 240 racer at the last lemons race....mentioned 740 inners worked on 240 racks, I think. no idea which type might interchange. For when you add a spacer between the ball joint and control arm to move the bottom of the strut outboard for more negative camber, the inner tie rod needs to be lengthened to match. we had a section of old tie rod spliced/welded into the ones on the lemons 240.

I've got a pair of new 240 cam rack inner tie rods. I'll pack 'em just in case. who's got the MIG?

Anyone from the Charlotte area able & willing to haul a pair of 240 headlights back with them, and allow them to be picked up by someone who wants to buy them from me?

They'll be in that box ....
171983823.jpg

I'll bring them regardless, assume I can persuade someone with beer :cheers:

anyone need center caps, mostly FWD era? I have a bunch

medium.jpg

Spraco Corsa seat available, was asking $150 on CL, no bites, probably expired a while ago :roll:. If you're 200lbs+ this seat isn't going to work for you.

Came out of the autocrosser that's been sitting since about.....2013 or 2015? so it could use a good cleaning. Fabric is sun-damaged on the left shoulder.

If you want to put it in a 240, I also have used Bne/Kaplhenke brackets. And I can supply the bolts to mount the seat to the side-mount brackets. So you could install this in your 240 this weekend if you really wanted to. :oogle: I can assist, it's easy after you've done a few of them.

$120 for the seat
$150 for the seat with 240 side-mount brackets.

171983813.jpg

Also have a passenger seat out of the '87. Blue cloth. Excellent condition. I don't think there were any cig burns from previous owners but I will double check if anyone's interested.
$50
171983809.jpg

Driver side '92 seat, blue cloth, excellent condition. Virtually no wear at the common spot along the left side of the back cushion. I would have pulled this seat for a Sparco at around 135,000 miles in 2009.

$150 obo

171983811.jpg

171983812.jpg

I think a swap meet would fill in the gaps around the tent city quite nicely. Looking forward to seeing piles of DL chrome hubcaps, 740 turn signal lenses, and those old crank style jacks that look unsafe on any surface.

Official last post. Lodge arrival should be around 3pm. After that, call the landline at the lodge to get in touch.

Balsam Lake Lodge: (828) 293-9922

Last edited:
I was asked by SLF (special lady friend) if there are any outside washing facilities or if everything is in the lodge. I have pestered Jared enough, so I?m asking youse.

I was asked by SLF (special lady friend) if there are any outside washing facilities or if everything is in the lodge. I have pestered Jared enough, so I?m asking youse.

I believe there are 3 showers in the lodge if I remember correctly. None outdoors though.

Just finished Tail of the Dragon and just got to the Sylva WalMart to grab a couple things. See y’all soon!

This looks like such a great time. Going to try to make it out next year if its a thing again...would be great to meet you guys and ride some trails in the area too.

First roadside repair is done. Left at 6am, lost headlights. One bulb was probably out, the other didn?’t like waking up on a cold morning. Unloaded the car to get to the one spare i left with the spare tire. And i almost grabbed my huge collection of bulbs to share with people. Now, do i buy an h11, or wait to use one of the 10 i have at home? Ok, i?’ll be safe and buy one.
Now our setback put us in westbound 495 traffic jam.

I made 4 sticks of magical butter. I'll keep at least one for treats and the other 3 are for sale. Anybody have any special requests for infused items? It works best with foods that are sweet or savory that you would normally use butter to cook. Not quite sure when I will arrive but it should be this evening sometime

First roadside repair is done. Left at 6am, lost headlights. One bulb was probably out, the other didn’t like waking up on a cold morning. Unloaded the car to get to the one spare i left with the spare tire. And i almost grabbed my huge collection of bulbs to share with people. Now, do i buy an h11, or wait to use one of the 10 i have at home? Ok, i’ll be safe and buy one.
Now our setback put us in westbound 495 traffic jam.

Ha- it?s an epidemic- I lost my headlights in the fog this morning.

Back