• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whiteblock in a 240 ver. 2 - Probably very little of what you'd like to know

I am about to pick up an 05’ s60r that was involved in a rear end collision. It’s $1000 and I would love that power plant and brakes in my 242. I’ve been searching for info on why not to use a b5254t4 but can’t find anything concise.

This is my first time posting about it and I’m very ready to take on the job. Would be MS3 and Ford t5 transmission in a drift setup. Any input is appreciated, tia!

Nothing wrong with that engine. I've got one in my garage I'm going to use for a project.

It's got dual VVT, which isn't big deal. It's also DBW so you'll either need to configure for a cable throttle, or figure out an e-throttle set-up. MS3 doesn't natively support DBW.

Just search for whiteblock swaps and sort out the configuration that you want to deal with.

Adapting it to a RWD application is the same as any other whiteblock.

Nothing wrong with that engine. I've got one in my garage I'm going to use for a project.

It's got dual VVT, which isn't big deal. It's also DBW so you'll either need to configure for a cable throttle, or figure out an e-throttle set-up. MS3 doesn't natively support DBW.

Just search for whiteblock swaps and sort out the configuration that you want to deal with.

Adapting it to a RWD application is the same as any other whiteblock.

Check out MaxSpeed ECUs for drive by wire throttles.

Jordan

The only big issue with those engines is they like to crack sleeves occasionally. You can prevent this by pulling the head and putting a shim between each cylinder. A quick Google search will show you plenty about this issue and how to prevent it. Since the engine will be out the car anyways you should absolutely look into doing this before the swap.

Back