• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1975 240 2.5 liter 16v Turbo ms2 v3.0

So i fixed the firing order, and still cannot get the fourth coil (number 2) to fire. tried a different coil, no go.

I also tried reversing the 2n2222A (NTE 123AP is what they had at the store) because i think i had it backwards. still nothing.

Didn't even test injectors. Coils a, b, c are firing. Coil d will not. (That's the extra circuit I put in, triggered off js11)

so i cleaned up the flux and ran another cranking log.

still unable to get spark d to work in i/o test mode.

and did not hear injectors pulse.

i have the injectors wired to the inj1 and inj2 banks.
cylinder 1 and 4, 2 and 3 together.

Attachments

• 2014-08-14_18.03.42.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 0
put a multimeter on the plug for the injectors and set it to fire the banks. the multimeter is registering that it is doing something, but its only showing .03v ( i am pretty sure that it is registering that because the short burst of firing an injector)

but i cannot hear the injectors clicking.

they are 5.0 motorsports 1500cc injectors.

also, just tried cranking it again, and could see the LEDS pulsing (getting dimmer) in relation to rpm.

I'm going to check continuity for the coil wiring for spark d.

Is there a setting that would make the injectors not open? What would cause them to barely get a signal?
They are low-z injectors, and I wired in the resistor pack from my 940.

Any other suggestions? I need to get this running asap

ok, just realized that i had forgotten the 1k resistor between js11 and the 2n2222a. added that, will check if that spark output starts to work now.

still nothing on spark d.

i have a good connection between the plug/harness/circuit. the coil is getting full voltage.

a question i never figured out, or couldn't find in the manual: do I have to tell the megasquirt to do something with js11? or does it automatically just output spark d to that channel?

OK. Checked continuity between js11 and the base leg of the transistor with a 1k ohm resistor between them. The emitter leg has a good ground. And the collector leg has a 4.7k resistor between it and the 5v.

I don't know what else is needed for this to work?

Here is the current configuration of the ms.

If it will help to have closer pictures of something, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_20140817_150424.jpg
    IMG_20140817_150424.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20140817_150435.jpg
    IMG_20140817_150435.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 78
I'd suggest against using the dual resistor method that DIY published. Leaves the processor input unprotected. Duplicate the optoisolated input on the crank signal instead.

Unprotected from feedback through the circuit? I think I had done the opto circuit, but it wasn't working. I can try it again.

What about the lack of spark output on spark d? Any input on that?

Back