• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1975 240 2.5 liter 16v Turbo ms2 v3.0

HonestJhon

figured that i would make this as I feel continuing would clutter up the DSM CAS install thread.

I have a thread on the MSEXTRA forums, so I'll post a link to that for the back story and diagrams of things that I have tried.
MSEXTRA THREAD

I have the DSM CAS with the high-res wheel. I am using toyota corolla coils.

today, had a breakthrough after last night removing the junk that I had added, and just following the write-up that Nick had posted in the DSM CAS thread. so it is currently registering the RPM's and running the fuel pump.

attached is a picture of the data log I got from cranking it.

As far as the coils, I have them triggering off of the LEDs and have a fourth circuit built as per the other diagram i have attached.

I would like some input as to what I should be changing/checking.

Attachments

• cranking getting rpms.JPG
    cranking getting rpms.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 231
  • circuits for driving coils.JPG
    circuits for driving coils.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 232
pics of board in question

Attachments

• IMG_20140811_192712.jpg
    IMG_20140811_192712.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_20140811_192723.jpg
    IMG_20140811_192723.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 232
some things to note:

I am still not getting the CAM signal in the composite logger. not sure whats going on there.

and all three leds are solid on when key on.

I'll fix the firing order. But if you look at the composite logger it doesn't look like a normal DSM cas log...? And there is signal loss.

Or does the fact that its registering rpms mean that it is getting the can signal?

And where would I check these code based functions?

there is no codebase. codebase is oldschool ms1 stuff. you are getting rpm reading in tunerstudio then it is working

Ok, so you have RPM signal now? Looks fairly accurate for your cranking RPM?
Are you getting any signal to the coils or injectors output?

looked pretty accurate.

I have not checked that yet. (the coils or injectors) but in the composite logger, doesnt the red marks along the bottom mean sync loss?

and do i have to make any changes in tunerstudio to make the extra coil outputs work? because they are no longer indicating warm up or whatever the third one did, they are supposed to be controlling the coil outputs. as well as js11, which is supposed to be triggering that extra circuit i built.

or am i thinking incorrectly...?

and so for rewiring the coils in the correct firing order, i should put coil 1 to d14, coil 3 to d15, coil 4 to d16, and coil 2 to the extra circuit.

looked pretty accurate.

I have not checked that yet. (the coils or injectors) but in the composite logger, doesnt the red marks along the bottom mean sync loss?
I'd have to read up in the manual to see what that indicates. I've got it downloaded on my laptop, so I'll skim over it when I am done with work and see what pops up.
Have you compared your setup to that of someone else using the CAS? That's the easiest way to make sure the settings will work. Also makes it easier to find other problems.

and do i have to make any changes in tunerstudio to make the extra coil outputs work? because they are no longer indicating warm up or whatever the third one did, they are supposed to be controlling the coil outputs. as well as js11, which is supposed to be triggering that extra circuit i built.

Screenshot your settings for all of your ignition/CAS stuff, that makes it easier to sort out if it's a setting or hardware issue.
or am i thinking incorrectly...?

and so for rewiring the coils in the correct firing order, i should put coil 1 to d14, coil 3 to d15, coil 4 to d16, and coil 2 to the extra circuit.

Yeah, dont mind my newb-ness... I thought that if you were using multiple coils triggered out of the LEDs you'd need to set the codebased functions. I didn't pay much attention to the MS2 settings since I havent got there yet.

next step would be to go into output test mode and test fire the coils with sparkplugs on them to make sure they work.

or is arbitrarily wiring to the other LED's going to make the coils fire? in my head, it makes no sense.

went to test individual coils, and three will fire in test mode. the one that will not fire is the one on the circuit i added for the fourth output. going to double check that circuit and fix the firing order.

here is a screenshot of the trigger settings.

and the MSQ

Attachments

• 2014-08-14_13.27.09.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 1
  • triggerwheel settings.JPG
    triggerwheel settings.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 134
Back