• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

NEW FOR ME! 2002 V70 2.4t 107k miles 1 owner

joegolden48

Hello! I am a newb here but not to volvos. I have been buried in Mercedes forums for 15 yrs. :-P I wanted to intruduce myself and my new car.

Joe Golden Lives in Dalton Ga married w/ 2kids. I work for a company in Chattanooga Tn called TurboTech. We actually supply several small parts to the turbo reman outfits. Mainly Detroit Diesel. But we do sell parts to BorgWarner Turbosystems as well. Anyway on to my car

I just recently purchased a 1 owner, spotless carfax, all maint records 2002 v70 2.4t. The car is amazing. Garage kept. Perfect seats and interior. Exterior is flawless as well. I just love it.

All maintenance was done at volvo dealership.

104k miles - timing belt, tensioners, waterpump
101k miles - transmission fluid change
98k miles - fuel pump (has been replaced 2 times over the years kinda odd)
88k miles - New Michelins and brakes/rotors..

I just put a ABS module on it last week. Used off of eBay. Works great!

Sorry for all the small talk but here is my real questions

I want to know the best coolant you guys are finding works best with the turbo engine down here in the hot summer? I want to get the car prepared for this.

Also I know this is always a touchy subject on ALL forums...Which is the preferred oil for this car? What do you guys like to use. Thanks and hello again! Thanks for any responses ahead of time

I wanted to upload a pic...But I do not see how to ad attachments...hmm

Joe:cool:

Volvo Coolant works best for the newer cars. Maybe a little Redline water wetter. There are a few V70 owners here, and Volvo technicians that may chime in to give their input. Welcome to TB.

Get a photobucket account. Then use the upload codes to post pics to the forum.

This engine can take a lot of different types oil but I use Pennzoil 10w30. If you start with synthetic now it's a lot easier than changing to it later when it'll clean off all the caked on goo in the engine and send it into the oil pump pickup. I wouldn't bother switching from conventional though.

Isaac we'll disagree about Synthetic oil....

I prefer to get them on Mobil-1 early and change it as it turns color. It will over time clean up the inside of the engine to almost like new.

OP if you have cooling issues be sure the radiator isn't plugged up and that the rad fan is working as it should.

Be sure that the automagic has fluid that looks nice and smells good. Expensive fluid!

Volvo coolant, quality synthetic oil (Delo or Rotella 5W-40) and JWS3309 transmission fluid will keep it running smoothly for a long time.

What they said above although perhaps it may be due for PCV service. We got our '06 V70 2.5T at 70k, went to synthetic Castrol Edge 10w-40 and last week at 110K, I replaced the pcv oil separator box under the intake. The box drain to engine was almost completely sludged up.

interesting...as I am from Dalton, GA. Moved to Murfreesboro 2.5 years ago but Im in Dalton every month or so visiting friends and family.

What they said above although perhaps it may be due for PCV service. We got our '06 V70 2.5T at 70k, went to synthetic Castrol Edge 10w-40 and last week at 110K, I replaced the pcv oil separator box under the intake. The box drain to engine was almost completely sludged up.

I've got to pull the oil pan to clean them out that were plugged solid. Yuck!

Back