• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Is my aw71 all done? I've got some slippage...

dgseel

Today after driving about 130 miles I noticed a lot of slipping on normal take offs in between first and second gear. First seems normal at first, but it delays the shift to second. At that point, the trans is slipping really bad for a few seconds. Then, it finally shifts to second and all is normal until I stop again.

One weird thing is that when I really get on it, there doesn't seem to be any slip. My trans fluid is pretty brown and stinky. The level is correct. It is Amsoil w/ about 60,000 miles on it. I just bought another case ($120!!) to change it out.

Is this thing leaking internally? Could it just be overheated? Should I start a trans search? Not really worth putting in $100 worth of trans fluid I am guessing.

Thanks

Sounds what mine did. If its slipping, pretty good chance its toast. Mine made it a few more days until it gave out completly.

Start looking for another, imo

OH yea. She's done. Last night I took it for a drive, and it didn't even want to go up a little hill from a stop.

I wonder what really killed it. I drove 70 miles straight at 100-90 mph last week. Also, when I got home Friday, after driving around 130 miles, I reached under the hood for some reason and burned my arm on the trans lines that go to the radiator. I guess it overheated. Then when I went to get in the car Monday morning, I noticed a funny smell. In retrospect, I think it was burned trans fluid. At least it made it for my 268 mile drive to work and back yesterday. I guess I have to drive the S70 for a while....

I am pricing out options right now. I figure it would be better to get a rebuild than a u-pull unit. I wish there were some upgrade options. I will definitely get a separate trans cooler this time. My car has 145,000 miles. It has about 14,000 since I have had chips, 15g and 20 psi. I wonder how long a new trans will last. New car is a little tempting right now....

Back