• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ms no start

2fast242gt

Do you have a cobalt?
300+ Club
it ran great for the past week, i have fuel and spark it seems. now it wont even fire when i crank it over... ill have a laptop here in a bit. would leaving the battery unpluged affect any of this? maybe my settings i had? where shoudl i start? i mean i have GREAT spark, my edis is at 9 teeth at tdc like it has always been... my spark plugs are wet with gas... ugh..

im really cluless and really pissed off, i have spark, fuel, compression.. and my timming is DEAD ON as far as lining edis up goes.....

i also have spark (although the other guy swears it's weak) and fuel. Mine hardcore backfires randomly but I haven't had time to diagnose it further. timing light will come out tomorrow as well as timing cover to ensure correct cam timing.

Sorry buddy, good luck :-(

i know my cam timming is correct also because i have the old style valve cover on a 531, it has the markings on the cover. its always worked great for me.

nope.

I'm running 36-1 with hyundai coils and BIP 373s. it's all ****ed

but I get RPM and i get fuel and I get spark.
but it might be weak spark.

Are you sure you are getting RPM? My sensor was wired with reverse polarity... and although it would seem like it was getting a signal when cranking, it would drop off after a little while (this was not with Edis granted)... 2fast, have you tried reflashing the firmware in your MS and reloading the MSQ?

check your injector wiring. with key on you should have power on both sides if not its getting a ground from somewhere. Also have you tried to flood clear it?

i also have spark (although the other guy swears it's weak) and fuel. Mine hardcore backfires randomly but I haven't had time to diagnose it further. timing light will come out tomorrow as well as timing cover to ensure correct cam timing.

Sorry buddy, good luck :-(

What is your cranking advance set at?

10 or 15degrees. And it's like one hardcore backfire after about 5-10 seconds of cranking. Backfire out the exhaust, that is.

i hate you.

well actually my coil pack is wired backwards. hhaha so i was putting the plug wires on "correct" but really they were wrong. to explain it further so people understand what im saying i have coil pack trigger 1 going to coil 2 and trigger 2 going to coil 1. so thats why i had the proble, so i just switched the plug wires and now shes happy again.

10 or 15degrees. And it's like one hardcore backfire after about 5-10 seconds of cranking. Backfire out the exhaust, that is.

I had some nasty backfiring and hard cranking until I set my cranking advance between 0-5. Probably isn't your problem, but no sense putting extra strain on the starter.

Back