• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Stanton27's 244 LS swap.

God I wish I had half your skillset !

Powerful work !

Thanks! I'm not an expert with this stuff, but just taking my time and using common sense seems to be mostly working for me.

12/1:

Finished the trunk mostly, working forward on the interior. Ordered more go fast parts, and started on the motor. Got my crank in, measured, and started setting ring gap. Ordered some massive wheels for this thing. (Deal on the geminis fell through) Fitment is going to be fun.

Does anyone have a lead on a supplier for 8.8 brackets for a 240? I found giffin performance but their website was hard for me to navigate. Maybe an issue on my end.

iiU5EgAl.jpg

N6PwLYyl.jpg

2yMFSpSl.jpg

Cut them off your old axle? I think someone sells them but I can't remember who. The brackets on my 9" rear were just cut off the Volvo and welded to the new axle.

I bought the Giffen tabs for my 8.8, however I wish I would've made my own. They're not the prettiest pieces (I'm very picky), and I felt like they could have been heftier. All that aside, I just hit him up on FB if you want some. He replied quickly and got me the tabs in just a few days after the order.

I bought the Giffen tabs for my 8.8, however I wish I would've made my own. They're not the prettiest pieces (I'm very picky), and I felt like they could have been heftier. All that aside, I just hit him up on FB if you want some. He replied quickly and got me the tabs in just a few days after the order.

All of Giffins stuff is low quality. A buddy got his mounts and I laughed when I saw them, anyone with an angle grinder could build them for half the price

I thought about cutting all the old tabs off but I think it might be easier to make some new. Our new cad plasma table is almost set up at work too...hehe

12/9:
Wheels showed up (finally). Not much else has happened. Life has been busy lately.. Excited about these though! More soon.

A1yn4F5l.jpg

j5KN9x8l.jpg

12/30: Motor is coming along. Did a little mock up last night to motivate myself, if nothing else. Turbo is just thrown on there, needs to be clocked correctly obviously. Haven't had as much time lately to get much more done, hoping to jump back in after the 1st. Happy new year!

u7xAXJ8l.jpg

3/27 made time to get some stuff done on the 240 this last week. Shortened the 8.8, now just have to find another short axle. Made boxing plates for control and trailing arms. Got one coilover made and a few other suspension bits sorted. Slowly but surely. Hoping to get the suspension done this week and motor stabbed shortly thereafter. Lots of fabrication going on. Decided to run a water to air cooler on the inside passenger firewall to save some space under the hood. We'll see how it all comes together. Here's some pics.

VSNumBZl.jpg

6o3Wd82l.jpg

iWcE3mIl.jpg

s3F8u8Cl.jpg

RfmlYlSl.jpg

5/24
Long block is complete and sitting on blocks in the engine bay to measure for mounts. Threw the manifold and headers on to make sure they fit. Headers were ceramic coated with the best stuff they had. Will be interesting to see how they hold up. Slowly but surely!

WXYYlAyl.jpg

7tXvsQrl.jpg

Nice work! I selfishly hope we can get another Indiana T-bricks meet together so that I can go for a ride in this monster. :lol: Of course it would be cool to hang out with everyone else too though. Looking good!

Nice work! I selfishly hope we can get another Indiana T-bricks meet together so that I can go for a ride in this monster. :lol: Of course it would be cool to hang out with everyone else too though. Looking good!

Thanks man! At this rate, it'll be ready in about 2 years lmao. This car is more of a hobby/experiment for me than anything. I work on it when I have the time. I am eager to get it done though. Tired of just looking at it on jack stands everyday lol. But yes, another meet would be super cool.

Back