• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

?98 V70R Sway bars

Hey all. Recently got a ?98 V70R. Love the car, but don?t love the amount of body roll it has in the rear. I have a set of big IPD swaybars for my 123GT, and Id love to find something similar for my R. Unfortunately, when Ive looked all I can find are FWD only sway bar kits for 850s/70s, and all the AWD sway bar kits are listed as only fitting later V70R cars. Will these fit my car? Or are there just very few made for these earlier AWD cars? Thanks!

The ones you want look like this. Front is same as FWD 25mm, rear is AWD only 22mm. Pretty rare

850_x70_IPD_Bars_29.jpg

Having owned 3 P80 R's I know what you mean about the rear end. It's just squishy. The Nivomats do an admirable job of adjusting to different loads but are lacking in the performance department. Once upon a time iPd made heavier bars for the AWD, and I doubt they'll ever make more, the demand is just too low.

There are a couple of options:
1. Scour the interwebs for a used set of iPd P80 AWD bars. Get comfy, it's going to take awhile.
2. Ditch the AWD system and swap to the Deltalink FWD rear end. This saves a bunch of weight and you can use the FWD sways, lowering springs and shocks! Swap to a manual trans while you're at it.
3. Convert to coilovers and firm things up to your liking all around.
4. Fab up your own solution.

IMHO the P80 AWD system is just OK, and if either your angle gear or viscous coupling are bad I would lean toward the FWD route. Aside from that, and the stupid looking steering wheel, there's a lot to like about these cars.

Back