• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Speedo won?t read above 40mph. Need help

bkaushansky

?88 240, my Speedo reads fine up to 40 mph then stops going up. The odometer gear needs replacing. I am running a g80 rear with calibration strip from BNE welded in. I did check speed sensor in diff and there is a signal.

I did take the gauge cluster apart to put in new gauge overlays.

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be the issue before I tear into the cluster?

Thanks!

More than once I have had one of the springs that load the odometer reset lever fly off and get stuck where it keeps the speedometer needle from making its full sweep. The last time was a 93 240 2 months ago that would only read up to 40 mph.

More than once I have had one of the springs that load the odometer reset lever fly off and get stuck where it keeps the speedometer needle from making its full sweep. The last time was a 93 240 2 months ago that would only read up to 40 mph.

Yup, that's one powerful magnet. It will clean up a benchtop.

Also the reset for the service light I imagine, but I haven't yet seen it get completely loose.

speedo24.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Looks like its time to take out the magnifiers and find a quiet place to disassemble.

B.

Back