• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Info to run E85 on LH 2.2 turbo

Pietercc

I have been running E85 with good success for the last few week, just thought I would make sure people know that the stock 2.2 system, with only 32 LB injectors from a 2.4 turbo car, the car runs great. It does take a few cranks at cold start in the morning, since its not actually tuned for corn, but otherwise I notice significant running improvement. My saab APC has been boosting the car higher because of no knocking. Thought I would spread the knowledge, since at least in Northern California gas is 5.59, but I can still get E85 for 4.19.

Umm you will blow motor with stock turbo injectors running E85. You need to up to 550cc or 50LB injectors for E85 with turbo redblock. YOu need 40 percent bigger injectors for e85. Yeah it will run great right up until it don't, boom..

The other thing about E85 is you can overfuel it and it still runs and creates power, unlike gasoline if you run it rich it loses power.

You will get way worse mileage also running E85 and bigger injectors and lots of boost.

E85 burns cooler and has slower flame rate hard to hear it knock... BOOOOM!

What kinda mileage you getting?

Just about 18mpg in town, which for me is not to terrible. And I have my APC set at about 13-14 psi, But the system will turn down the boost if it notices knock, so I feel relatively safe, and personally I trust it wont blow up, as its not often I am putting my foot down, now that I have my AC working. Though, thanks for your input, I'm just stating my findings as of the last 3 weeks, please take small steps if you try it in your own car.

Okay I warned you. I did it way back when cylinder number three with be the one to let go. Runs leaner then the others with the stock intake.

I've already killed number 3 with regular gas and 12psi. That's an issue no matter what you do. Like i said I am using 10% larger injectors, and I have a knock light installed

I don't think you understand. Ethanol doesn't knock in the traditional sense like pump gas with too high cylinder pressure. There will be no noise for apc/knock light to detect.

Okay 10 percent bigger, what part of you need 40 percent bigger did you not understand? Also percentage wise your running twice the stock boost levels at least. So ten percent more for twice the boost might work for gasolino just fine.

Back