• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tire Size for 16x9 wheels

Thor

I've been looking into new wheels for my 240 and I'm stumped on the tire size. It sits on B&G springs so it isn't too low. Looking at 16x8 front, 16x9 rear 0 off set for both. Looking for recommendations for tire size. I like the way the ex works 240 looks so I'm going for that look.

thoughts?!? :???: Thanks!

20161030_114416_zpstgs2pgq0.jpg

225's on a 9" wide rim? Seems tight? Evos and STIs are running 235's on an 8 inch rim.

Bro, if you are looking for decent tires that will actually fit a 16x9, you better be used to wiping with $20 bills

Looking at online stuff. 225 would be straight up with no lip protection, better for the 8in rim. Also selection is better. As it is I'll be rolling the fenders. No way around that with those widths.

I would look on Vulcan Tire website. I buy all my Falken Tires from there. They usually have odd sizes no one else carries, plus they ship to your door.

225/50/16.

I've used it on everything from 7.5 to 9.5. Good wheel protection on the 7.5" on my daily driver. Nice bit of stretch for good sidewall support on our 24hr lemons car, and once upon a time, on the front wheels of my autocross car for street use. Nice fit on 8.5" vette wheels. And best of all, lots of good choices in that size. 245 / 16 is not as common. I have a pair of 265/40/16 Kumho XS I could probably part with since I haven't used them in a while. If you really need the beef. Fender pulling mandatory.

9.5" with 225/50 Dunlop Z1 star spec
149771241.jpg

Back