• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

N/a power?!?

82V244

I know this forums about turbo bricks but rn I have an na 1982 244 DL 4-speed that looking to make a drift car have plans of turbo charging it but was woundering how can I pull most power out of this motor and make it more reliable

First, welcome to turbobricks!

There a few ways ranging from cheap to very expensive to gain power to a normally aspirated brick. What most people will ask at this point is what your budget is because the recommendations change once the budget is known. Also, what you're working with... aka the type or motor (perhaps and 1982 b21 ?) would help tremendously.

If your goal is power and reliable, I suggest not doing anything as the volvo motor is pretty reliable just as it is.

At any rate give us a budget and the advice will roll through.

I know this forums about turbo bricks but rn I have an na 1982 244 DL 4-speed that looking to make a drift car have plans of turbo charging it but was woundering how can I pull most power out of this motor and make it more reliable

Do you want this done cheaply too?

Easy bits:
Pump up yo tires yo 40+ psi and have fun.
Adjust the parking brake so you can maybe, just maybe, pull off a decent entry on dry pavement.

More involved bits:
Shave head 0.4in-0.06in or more.
Replace cam with something more fun.
Remove the terribly small NA exhaust and swap it out for something you cobble together or a turbo exhaust with a custom mid section.

I don't get what they mean by this on the site. Have they not seen the EVO head??

At present there is only one cylinder head for Volvo red engine on the market. ACM can that the other provider on the market, offering a completely new and fresh, optimized cylinder head. The cylinder head will be available to buy completely finished machined without valves and springs to a fully finished MIRA mill valve seats, adjusted valves and with appropriate camshaft.

I'd get me some EVO head instead, Who cares if they are casting pro's so was Harvey Weinerstein...

http://www.motordesign.se/en/tuning-technique

Adjust the parking brake so you can maybe, just maybe, pull off a decent entry on dry pavement.

I would not recommend this at 50+mph.

ebrake.jpg

Save your money and do a good job turbocharging the engine. Unless you don't mind spending money and time for dreams of 100whp.

I have a decent budget and time just college student working full time job and I do have plans of dropping a v8 in it but I'm keeping it with this motor for while while slowly make it to full drift car so seeing any recommendations or anything I can do to this motor to get most power out it in the mean time I don't know anything about this motor just know it's an 82 244 DL 4 speed and blocks red just fell in love with body style and had to have one so yeah any cheap ways of gaining most power out of it and any one know where can get clean after market intake or something cause from research everyone seems to say volvo already does good job with its intake system but the one on my car is kinda falling apart

I have a decent budget and time just college student working full time job and I do have plans of dropping a v8 in it but I'm keeping it with this motor for while while slowly make it to full drift car so seeing any recommendations or anything I can do to this motor to get most power out it in the mean time I don't know anything about this motor just know it's an 82 244 DL 4 speed and blocks red just fell in love with body style and had to have one so yeah any cheap ways of gaining most power out of it and any one know where can get clean after market intake or something cause from research everyone seems to say volvo already does good job with its intake system but the one on my car is kinda falling apart

Using punctuation will make your blobs of text much easier to read.

There is nothing you can do to your na motor to turn it into some kind of beast. You can turbocharge it in stock formation and get about 160 hp. I know that hurts to hear😢

Just save your money and do research until you can boost it.

Or you could do a cam, fix your broken intake, bump timing, and 2.25? exhaust. It will still be slow though.

Fix your car to run 100% like it's supposed to before you think Modifications are going to fix your woes.

I don't get what they mean by this on the site. Have they not seen the EVO head??

At present there is only one cylinder head for Volvo red engine on the market. ACM can that the other provider on the market, offering a completely new and fresh, optimized cylinder head. The cylinder head will be available to buy completely finished machined without valves and springs to a fully finished MIRA mill valve seats, adjusted valves and with appropriate camshaft.

I'd get me some EVO head instead, Who cares if they are casting pro's so was Harvey Weinerstein...

http://www.motordesign.se/en/tuning-technique

Thats exactly what they mean. The evo heads from motor design sweden are full modified stock heads. They are factory heads that are pushed to the limit for whatever style of performance you need.

The acm head is a full newly engineered head. New casting etc. Its a completely different tier of product. The metallurgy is better (both material used and webbing/structural reinforcement) the combustion chamber is redesigned for best burn characteristics, obviously port and valve size are blueprinted, I believe theres options for hydraulic or mechanical lifters, its got custom cam grinds available... So 1. its a full complete head assembly and 2. Its a top tier product. Last time I did the conversion to usd it ran about 7-8 thousand dollars. While that sounds like a lot ( and I agree that a good chunk of money) look at who its marketed towards. Professional race teams where budget isnt as important.

I have no doubt that the acm head is amazing. But I can agree that I would also probably go with an evo head before the acm due to the price difference and still gerting a great performing head. But in most peiples case where budget is important its probably better to get a 531 have a machine shop put larger valve seats in, run larger valves, fresh valve guides and seals, dual valve springs, kg7 or kg8 massive cam for na performance. Get a nice header for it. Klracing.com has a beautiful intake manifold and larger throttle bodies for them, as well as a larger maf. Get a decent fueling setup and proper tuning. And youve just spent at least 2 grand but for a lot more power than people will expect. Theres a ton of nay sayers that think you cant make na power without spending 10g's which is a load of ****. But it does take more money than getting a factory turbo setup swapped onto the car. Me personally I'm gonna get a decent head cam and header and stay na while I'm building a turbo motor. Got a spare b230 just havent decided the exact route I wanna go yet...

Also sorry I kind of went off on a tangent there:-D

Back